The terms relating to use of this website are divided into various sections. These can be accessed by clicking on the headings. Together these sections form the Legal Notices.
The Legal Notices, as amended by us from time to time, set out the basis on which you may use this website and provide important information about the way we provide our services.
BT Property Search is a trading name of Paralaw (UK) Limited (Paralaw) and references to Paralaw include its subsidiaries and affiliates. "We" or "us" or "our" mean Paralaw. Paralaw is not part of the British Telecommunications plc (BT) group of companies and is not acting as its agent.
BT have not consented to any works, nor agreed to carry out any works to their equipment. Consents can only be issued with the specific approval of the Board, and in accordance with pre-agreed terms and documentation.
The role of BTâs advisers is confined to advising BT in relation to possible interference with their assets/equipment, and, irrespective of the outcome of the assessment, they have no authority to issue consents or waive objections on behalf of BT.
For more information please click on the headings below:
This service is not intended for consumers. Accordingly by using this website you agree that
- you are not acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside your trade, business, craft or profession;
- the requirements of regulations 9 and 11 of the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 do not apply;
- your contractual liability to pay for this service arises when you request a search
It is not our policy to offer refunds for mistakes in the data submitted as part of the registration or search process. If you consider that you are entitled to a refund for any other reason, or that you have a complaint, then you can contact us by selecting that option on the website. Alternatively, you can email us at the address below.
We expect to deliver your search result within one working day of your submitted search request.
By using our website, you must accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
You may only use our website for your own personal purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes. By accessing this website, you agree
- not to use this website or its content in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, harmful or in contravention of any regulation or legislation;
- not to copy, amend, reproduce or distribute the content, or disclose the content to third parties, other than in compliance with our Copyright Notice;
- not to use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- not to advertise or sell any goods or services to other users of this website or to benefit commercially from its content;
- not to use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- not to conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent; and
- that you are responsible for any material you send to or upload to this website and that such material is legal, is not offensive and it does not infringe our rights, those of third parties or the provisions of the Legal Notices.
Intellectual Property Rights
We, our suppliers, or third parties who have granted us permission to reproduce their material on this website, own and control all trademarks, copyright and all other intellectual property rights in our website and in the content on this website.
Our Copyright Notice forms part of the Legal Notices and therefore the terms on which we provide and allow access to this website.
We do not warrant or represent
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
- that the material on the website is up to date; or
- that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to the above clause, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
Limitations and Exclusions of our Liability
We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from reliance on information or materials published on this website
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
We are not responsible or liable for any matter relating to you or any third parties accessing or using this website and its contents.
We do not endorse nor are we responsible for the contents of websites operated by others that link to this website or that are accessible from it.
Our rights under the Legal Notices may be waived only in writing and specifically.
The Legal Notices will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and we and you each submit irrevocably to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Copyright in some documents and material available on this website belongs to third parties and has been produced on this website with the permission of the third party copyright owners. Please check the copyright notices of those third parties.
With the exception of copyright belonging to third parties and unless otherwise stated, copyright in the pages of this website and all other material available through it belongs to Paralaw (UK) Limited and/or its affiliated undertakings.
The information which we provide in response to a search (Search Result) is confidential.
By requesting a search, you agree
- to keep the Search Result confidential; and
- not to disclose it to any third party except, where reasonably necessary, your professional advisers and then only on these terms
Otherwise, you may print or save copies of the public content of this website for your own personal use and you may provide copies to others for information purposes, on the basis that:
- you do so on an occasional basis and free of charge;
- the copies are not tampered with in any way; and
- the recipient is made aware of the terms of this Copyright Notice.
Any other reproduction, transmission and storing of all or part of this website and the materials available through it, in any medium, without the written permission of Paralaw (UK) Limited, is prohibited.
We only permit electronic links to pages of this website from which the Legal Notices can be accessed. You may not provide an electronic link to any other page of this website or to any other documents hosted on this website without our consent. We reserve the right to request that you remove an electronic link to this website at any time and you agree to remove such a link immediately.
Where access to restricted parts of this web site is subject to more specific terms, those terms apply instead.
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your device by websites you visit. We use Google Analytics cookies. These cookies help us improve our site by providing us with information about how users interact with it for example the number of visitors to the site, the pages they visit and the length of time spent on the site. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All the information that the cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. You may change your browser settings to delete and block cookies. To find out how visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors. This policy describes what we do with personal information we collect from you and the ways in which we may collect it.
We may collect information from you through your use of our website, when you request information from us or when you engage our legal or other services.
By using any of our services including our website and by providing us with any personal information, you are consenting to the use of your personal information as set out in this policy. Please do not send us any personal information if you do not want your personal information to be used in this way.
Information collected through our website
A number of facilities on our website invite you to provide us with personal information. The purpose of these facilities is apparent at the point that you provide your personal information and we only use your information for those purposes.
What information does the website collect?
Your name, address, email address, site postcode and otherwise as appears in the registration process.
What we use your personal information for
- To provide and improve this website.
- To provide and improve our services to you.
- To compile anonymous statistics, for example, website usage statistics.
- To market our services.
- To manage our relationship with you.
- To fulfil our legal obligations.
- For other legitimate business purposes.
Who is it being disclosed to?
The information will be disclosed to British Telecommunications plc.
Protection of your information
We apply the highest standard of security when it comes to hosting and protecting information.
We do not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except as described in this policy or with your express permission.
Transferring information when there is a change to our business
If in the future we re-organise or transfer all or part of our business we may need to transfer your information to new BT Property Search entities or to third parties through which the business of BT Property Search will be carried out.
Information that you send to us in electronic form may not be secure and will not be treated as privileged or confidential.
We may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do this, unless legally restricted.
Applicable data protection legislation requires us to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and to have it rectified or deleted as required by applicable data protection legislation. For more information please send an email to email@example.com
If you do not want to receive information from us
If you receive marketing materials from us, you may withdraw your consent for us to send these to you at any time and free of charge by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paralaw (UK) Limited is incorporated with limited liability in England and Wales under number 07788544. Our registered office is at Insight House Riverside Business Park Stansted Essex CM24 8PL and our VAT registration number is 135610438.
You can contact us at email@example.com.